When you think of fried food, we’re going to guess that desserts don’t often immediately come to mind. While we’ll acknowledge that donuts are typically prepared this way, would you ever expect to be able to cook a cheesecake in a device designed specifically for frying? With a power air fryer, deserts such as the cheesecake recipe you’ll find below are exactly what you’ll be capable of whipping up — right at home in your kitchen.
Air fryers perform the cooking tasks that are implied by their title. Air that’s heated up to 400 degrees is circulated at rapid speeds to create the crisp texture you’d think only a deep fryer could create. Traditional deep fryers create that texture too, albeit at the cost of massive calorie counts and risk of disease. You see, fried food is pretty awful for you. From clogged arteries to an increased risk of stroke and the likelihood of obesity, medical studies have shown that eating this stuff even as infrequently as once a week can be a contributing factor to major medical concerns later down the road. If you’re looking for a treat that serves 15 guests, check out the recipe below that’s sure to surprise as much as it delights.
– 1 pound of cream cheese
– 2 large eggs
– 0.5 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 cup of honey graham cracker crumbs
– 2 tablespoons of butter, unsalted
– Cut a circle out of a piece of parchment paper. Place it in the baking pan.
– Mix the butter and graham cracker crust together and press into the baking pan.
– Place the baking pan in the fry basket and into the Power Air Fryer XL.
– Press the “M” button. Scroll to the “Roast” icon.
– Press the “Power” button and adjust cooking time to 4 minutes at 350 degrees.
– In a mixer, blend cream cheese and add the sugar. Add one egg at a time until creamy. Add the vanilla and mix well.
– Remove the fry basket from the Power Air Fryer XL and pour the cheese mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
– Place the cheesecake back into the Power Air Fryer XL.
– Press the “M” button. Scroll to the “Bake” icon.
– Press the “Power” button and adjust cooking time to 15 minutes at 310 degrees.
– Chill for 3 hours before serving.